Friday, December 12, 2014

Intro to Poetry

So for the poetry it said maybe to write some poetry and I haven’t written poetry in a little over 6 months according to my last poems date but I do have a bunch of poems written already so I chose two that I thought related to the course and how we talk about everything being a remix and our impact that we have on the world, I’d like to note that I think it’s funny that these poems were written about this time last year and covered very similar topics. Also they’re in more of a stream of conscious style because I usually find that relying on rhyme scheme can be limiting at times.
“How many original thoughts does my mind contain? I’m sure others throughout time and the stretch of reality have shared my thoughts. Do I even have one? Is my consciousness a mirror, am I holding stained reflections of others thoughts? A tally of all my originals would be convenient. So that I could know what direction my mind is racing towards in claiming its own frequency, how many mental copyrights have I broken?”
“What moments does my future solidify, is the future as water, my will a pebble, ripples the pebble at the epicenter, never seeing the ripples only water filling the impact, sinking further, how many ripples were there, how long did they last, were there any at all, these will be the last wonders, only to repeat and be washed ashore, anticipating until I meet the waters boundary between my action and its outcome, to have the same effect and wonder.”

Now I posted these not because I think they’re necessarily good, in fact I see how much I’ve grown as a writer that these make my eyes itch. But the point was to show parallels between the course and works I’ve previously written, I think these show that we may have thought of these same concepts before this class but we were never given the materials or time to take them to such depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment