Friday, December 12, 2014

Poetry Remix

For our groups collaborative poetry remix/jigsaw puzzle we chose the poem “Working Togetherby David Whyte. So the whole point of our groups’ giant cardboard jigsaw puzzle was to highlight the theme of the poem which is probably as you already know from the title working together. The poem also touched on the things that we don’t see that can also shape us; I thought this drew a nice parallel with my synesthesia so I incorporated it into my piece.



Using the different colors outside a human’s tonal range wasn’t just to show that I can think in a pop art kind of way but to show how I view people synesthetically. And these colors that make up a person’s personality and eventually work together to create that person’s identity within my own head. The background colors can represent anything from the person’s voice to the colors that they project when I’m around them; it can be their attitude or emotions.  I think that’s one of my favorite parts of my synesthesia is that it’s very complex but easy for me to understand since it is coming from my own head after all, I also like how its intangible and works more in my subconscious so in a way it actually does greatly shape my likes and dislikes and some of my actions. Also as a side note I tried to paint this piece in about thirty minutes only because when I usually paint or draw something I’ll take upwards of seven hours plus total on any given piece. So it was a nice change to just bump out the meaning rather than muddle through the painting details. Also ignore the hair i usually spend half my time on a peices hair but tried to speedpaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment